IT and Logistics Manager - Levant
November 2007 - 2010
(Jordan and Iraq) Beirut,
• Acted as the project manager in Jordan and Iraq for ERP implementation (Oracle Financials) and hand held projects to ensure successful implementation.
Coordinated with the Group IT and Operation Manager in standardizing technologies and platforms used in regional operations.
• Established best practice processes, developed SOPs for the Levant region operation detailing
systematic record of all current business policies, processes and procedures currently followed.
• Launched and supported Business Objects which greatly improved information availability and reliability; conducted and led negotiations with the various IT vendors.
• Collaborated with the General Manager and Business Managers to accomplish the overall goals,
objectives and strategic plan of the company and business units.
• Worked with Supply Chain officers to plan for suppliers, clearances, distributions and managed
company stock assets ensuring records accuracy and integrity were maintained.
• Maintained control using a weekly perpetual inventory or cycle count method; coordinated and controlled the order cycle and associated information systems.
• Reviewed and negotiated Logistics and Transportation Contracts for the business and monitored
SLAs and KPIs.
• Led the function for forecasting, inbound shipments monitoring and stock transfer planning from main warehouse to branches according to set targets and timings.
• Managed employee relations efficiently through effective communications, coaching, training, and development; developed and followed the IT related budgets for the Levant.
Business Object Administrator
November 2002 - October 2007
• Installed the Business Objects software and created repository, operated responsibly in its
• Promoted Object Universe Management which includes Distribution universes, Deploying
universes, managing logins, Linking universes, and Optimizing universes.
• Identified and defined Business Object users and user groups, and assigned user profiles to them, enabling them to access the Business Object.
• Designed and implemented backup and restoration strategy, to ensure fail-safe recovery and copy in emergency situations.
Oracle Application and System Administrator
November 2003 - October 2007
• Installed the Oracle database 10G, 9i and 8i server software, and front-end tools and database
applications that accessed the database.
• Planned how the logical storage structure of the database affected system performance and various database management operations.
• Defined Oracle Application users and assigned responsibilities that granted each user access to the application functions.
• Restricted list of windows and functions or reports of a specific application; customized menus and interactive navigation paths for users.
• Created and maintained profile options and preferences; monitored the database application
user activity and enhanced its performance.
• Managed Oracle Application Concurrent Manager by adding programs to its program library and managing its processing activities.
• Planned and executed backup and recovery of database information and maintained archived
data on tape.
• Converted a FoxPro database into Oracle using Oracle Migration Work Bench tool; converted an
SQL SERVER database into Oracle using Oracle Migration Work Bench tool.
Utilized AIX systems administration to set up cron jobs, change kernel parameters, upgrade AIX,
create logical volumes, increase the size of volumes, and replace failed drives.
Oracle Database Administrator
October 2000 - August 2002
Collaborated with senior DBA in allocating system storage and planning future storage
requirements for the database.
• Installed and upgraded the Oracle server (HP-UX) and application tools, creating and modifying primary objects like tables, views, and indexes for the Oracle financial application.
• Modified the Oracle financial system database structure as necessary from information given by application developers.
• Enrolled users, maintained system security, controlled and monitored user access, and backed up or restored the database of the Oracle financial application.
• Created new Oracle instance and moved production database structure to the new instance for testing of new PeopleSoft tools.
• Monitored and optimized the performance of the database, contacting Oracle Corporation for technical support.
• Provided customer support for mainframe billing system including after-hours support; planned,
developed, tested, and documented computer programs.
• Helped in identifying, defining, and preparing various internal ad hoc reports to management
using Report Generation Tool (Neasi-Webber).
• Maintained and tested mainframe programs using COBOL and VSAM, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
• Utilized structured analysis and design in formulating plan and outlining steps required to develop programs.
October 1998 - September 2000
Coordinated the Beta process for File Aid IMS and DBA-XPERT product; provided product
training on new features for sales support and other Compuware groups.
Designed and communicated functional and technical specifications to the development team and installed new releases of File-AID for IMS.
• Collected feedback from beta sites and documented customers' concern, problems, and enhancements regarding the product.
• Participated in the quality assurance and change management process; executed testing
procedures and completed any changes to the process in a controlled manner.
• Reviewed manuals for technical accuracy and performed system and regression testing for new releases as assigned using QA Hiperstation. Coded, tested, and supported internal
application written in MS/Access that assisted project managers with time estimates for analysis
Ford Motor Credit
October 1997 - September 1998
Business System Analyst
Electronic Data System
September 1995 - October 1997
Ford Motor Company
June 1992 - September 1995
November 2010 - Present
(Overseeing IT, Supply Chain, and Logistics) Iraq
• Managing the Enterprise wide IT infrastructure operations, Systems and Applications, Product Data
Management, Network & Systems and Support services across all branches and sub distributors.
• Deployed servers and desktop virtualization technologies and reduced operation cost by 30%.
• Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
• Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts,
agreements, and other major vendor interactions, Systems Operations and Maintenance.
• Successfully provided sales, consulting, project management, and deployment of retail
management solutions for our sub distributors across all Iraq regions.
• Managing the internal & hosted network infrastructure including: firewalls, servers, switches and telephony.
• Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
• Managing a team of over 20 administrative & technical staff.
• Strengthening the IT infrastructure through to implementing new technologies.
• Performing routine audits of systems and software.
• Manage the IT budgets and expenditure on hardware and software.
• Responsible for overseeing the inventory management process, defining departmental strategies for appropriate inventory levels,
• Working closely with suppliers such as Unilever, P&G, Lactalis, Reckitt Benckiser, Johnson & Johnson,
• Braun, Kenwood and AB in Bev (Budweiser) and customers to improve operations and reduce
• Lead role in supplier relationship management including contract negotiation, monitoring supplier
performance, volume leverage and total cost management objectives and ensure adherence to contractual commitments
• Compliance with internal policies, procedures and external governance including EU directives and regulatory...