St.Peter's School, Clifton, York
Deputy Bursar (Operations Manager) (September 2009 - Present)
Responsible for the general management of this hugely successful independent school covering 60 acres in the centre of historic York. As well as overseeing the general operation of the school I am also responsible for health and safety, human resources, overseeing estate management and catering and management of the commercial company. Responsible for 160 support staff through a team of 6 department heads.
The Clarence Dock Company Limited
General Manager (September 2007 - September 2009)
A large complex in Leeds comprising leisure, retail, commercial and residential elements and perhaps best known as the home of the Royal Armouries Museum. I was responsible for managing this complex including marketing, tenant liaison and involvement with various committees that promoted the waterfront as a destination and represented the interests of waterfront businesses and residents.
High Peak Theatre Trust Buxton Opera House
General Manager (July 2004 - August 2007)
• Recruited to make improvements to the overall operation
• Implemented a Health & Safety Policy and staff handbook
• Considerably improved staff morale and performance
• Championed customer service, raising its profile in the organisation
• Increased commercial income and improved facilities management
• Successfully project managed quite complex capital improvement programmes
• Regularly deputised for the chief executive