Senior Digital Marketing Executive
December 2012 - June 2013
I was rewarded with promotion to the position of Senior Digital Marketing Executive. A natural progression from pure SEO, in light of the range of digital marketing channels I was responsible for.
Within this role, I developed online strategies for Ticketfriend to grow. It was also my responsibility to undertake global research to find the right corporate solutions that would provide powerful integration within the Ticketfriend platform. Where no appropriate solutions existed, I was tasked with creating requirement specifications for the developers to build the products I envisioned. The solutions I proposed were integral to the Ticketfriend offering, and were prioritsed accordingly.
My research included affiliate platforms, socially integrated referral systems & gamification platforms. The development team and I worked closely together to implement these in addition to social media integration, personalisation & usability improvements. Agile / Scrum was the system we used to prioritise and monitor each product build.
● SEO (creating specification documents, site audits, sitemaps, robots.txt, back link analysis, site architecture, site speed, schema, directory structure, keyword placement, consultation, uri structure & monitoring of SERP’s)
● Email Marketing (newsletters, system emails & b2b correspondence)
● Social Media Integration (Facebook api & Google+ api, using affiliate & referral links)
● Affiliate Marketing strategy & integration
● Referral Marketing strategy & integration
● Content creation (help centre, email templates, landing pages blogs)
● CRO (web usability & user flow)
● Product research & development
● Developing the marketing plan
● Identifying networks & contacts for communications, PR & affiliate marketing
● Analytics (Migration to Google Tag Manager, performance monitoring, keyword research)
● Tools: Screaming Frog, Majestic SEO, Google Analytics, SERPFox, Xenu Link Sleuth, SEO Quake, Quirk Search Status, SEM Rush
December 2011 - December 2012
I joined the ambitious start-up Ticketfriend during the early days of development. Ticketfriend's ambition is to be the future of the ticketing business by enabling ticketing & promotion to be available in one package. Soon after joining Ticketfriend, my duties extended beyond pure SEO. I began focusing on Digital Marketing as a whole, as well as Event Marketing & new media strategies to grow Ticketfriend user base (B2B and B2C).
July 2013 - Present
Surrounded by some world class developers & marketers, I get to develop SEO from the ground for Skillpages. I'm tasked with growing global traffic.
- Rebuilding site wide architecture
- Improving Sitemaps
- Creating link Strategies
- International SEO
- Site-wide Optimisation
- Semantic Search
- Integrating Rich Snippets
- Integrating with the Social Graph
- Growing Social Influence (authorship, relationships)
- Content Creation & marketing
Tools frequently used: Tableau, Analytics, Advanced Web Ranking, Adwords keyword planner, Scrapebox, Excel, SEO plugins for Excel, Xenu, Screaming Frog, Semantic tools, Followerwonk, Majestic SEO, Open Site Explorer, Check my links, Domain Hunter Plus, SEM Rush, SEO Quake,
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Specialist
Pocket kings | Full Tilt Poker
May 2011 - December 2011
Full Tilt Poker dominated the results in one of the toughest search arenas “online poker”, during my time there. At Full Tilt I was privileged to work with some of the world’s foremost international SEO’s.
My focus was:
• Link prospecting & development (.CA primarily, also .UK, .COM)
• Keyword research for all English URL’s
• Optimization of all English URL’s site wide
• Integration of SEO in Localization: Sitemaps, keywords, links.
• Strength/weakness evaluation of the Full Tilt vs. key competitors
• Contributing strategic SEO advice during development phase of new URLs
• SEO Tools: AWR – Advanced Web Ranking, Screaming Frog, Majestic SEO, SEOMoz, Google Analytics, Xenu Link Sleuth, SEO Quake, Quirk Search Status, SEM Rush, proxies, Google global.
The Full Tilt Poker domain was very strong, thereby enabling natural ranking for Poker & Online Poker. The strength of the domain allowed the team to focus link building for long tail, local SERPS & premium money keywords. During the latter months, we were tasked with recovering from critical website problems
Network Operations Centre
Pocket Kings | Full Tilt Poker
May 2008 - July 2011
► Monitoring and upkeep of all systems/applications.
► Ensuring all IT related business continuity procedures and practices are kept up to date and regularly tested.
► Researching and resolving technical issues.
► Undertaking the enhancement of IT related systems as required.
► Monitoring, managing, and supporting 24x7 application services.
► Designing improvements to the technical infrastructure relative to security, business continuity & service delivery
► Second level support
Network Management Centre
January 2006 - July 2008
• Monitoring multiple networks, INM/Preside, OVO, Ciena, Net Horizon, Pro Vision.
• Monitoring multiple alarm platforms, customers and internal systems
• Fault diagnostics and resolving
• Dispatch engineers and lead them through to resolution.
• Managing of Incidents and large network outages
• Assisting with and monitoring planned maintenance works
IP & Data Support
February 2005 - January 2006
• Providing phone & internet based support for corporate
customers covering issues from software installations to hardware configuration.
• Maintenance of DNS records
• Setup and Support of corporate routers, domains.
• Logging trouble tickets for customer issues and managing until resolved
January 2003 - January 2005